Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How long can I expect my clutch to last for on my Suzuki GN250 Motorcycle?

I'm just wondering how many kms you'd expect to get out of a GN250 motorcycle before the clutch wears. This is for everyday driving, with traffic light stops and traffic dodging. Thanks|||I have a 250 Honda rebel and have owned a 250 Yamaha. On the Yamaha the clutch lasted 50,000 miles. I expect the same with the rebel. You should get the same wear on your 250. The manufacturers know that the 250 is considered the best size for beginers. For this reason most of the 250's have oversized clutches. To allow for the Begginer. The Ninja 250 does not have an oversized clutch and with some beginers the clutch will only last 10,000 miles or so. You probably know not to pop the clutch to do burnouts and things like that. So, you will probably get 50,000 miles out of the clutch. The thing to pay attention to is brakes and tires. I use mainly the front brake as it is easy and cheap to replace while the back brake costs more and is more difficult to change. I use the 250's for delivering paper routes so the clutch gets a good workout. You may get more milage than I do.|||That will depend on how you ride. If you are a beginner and you will be using it daily, it could wear quickly. Just make sure you dont let the clutch out too slowly while shifting into higher gears with high RPMs and you should be fine i would say for at least a year or 2. To better gage the wear time, how far is your commute? Is it all busy traffic on your daily route? Stop and Go or straight shot with no stops?|||I would imagine even on careful use the clutch will begin to slip around the 80thousand mile mark, as my Kawasaki is still on its original clutch and slips when i give it a fist full during overtakes.|||With proper use, it may outlast the bike. The GN bikes have very durable clutches. Where I teach motorcycling, we have GNs dating back as far as 1998, and have replaced NO clutches on them. They have spent thier ENTIRE lives in the hands of total novices, riding only in parking lots, and most of their time in 1st gear. Some of them have accrued over 10,000 kms this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment