Saturday, December 24, 2011

Which Suzuki motorcycle from the EARLY 80's was a full liter bike NOT GSXR!?

Suzuki made a large sportbike (1000-1200, not sure) in the early 80's. It had a sport fairing but a SINGLE ROUND HEADLIGHT. Can anyone tell me what model this was and what years it was produced or any other info on it? It was NOT a gsxr|||It was Suzuki GSE 1100. It had a short half fairing, with the light in the middle of it. The windshield was like 3 inches tall, it did deflect the wind when my head was on the tank. That was sweet bike I took one from Syracuse to Denver. That bike had so much smooth power it was sick. It has a detuned GSX engine, but it was detuned to run smooth. That was a great bike. Smooth and incredibly fast. If I found one now I wold buy it. I know they made it from 83- 87, not sure the last year they made it. It was a fun bike. I would hold up the front end in 3 gears easy. Toped out at 90 in third gear. It was a five speed. After market parts were out ther but not as many as for the Gixer. It is one of those bikes like the '74 yamaha RD400 daytona, RD350 or '79 Kawasaki 900Z triple.





Suzuki GS1100E|||Gsx1100|||Sounds like a GS1000 to me.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GS_s鈥?/a>|||the GS 1000L, E made in 1980 81 82 83 84 85


in 1982 it became the GS1100L,E

No comments:

Post a Comment