Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why would my '03 Suzuki SV650s motorcycle lose all electrical power while driving down the road?

I was riding down the road and turned on my signal light. When I did, my bike lost all electrical power and just died. Nothing works now. I tested all the fuses and they are good. I don't think it would be the battery since it was started and running. I have not had any previous issues with this bike. What could be wrong? Any helpful advise would be appreciated.|||Possible loose or corroded battery wires.


Remove the wires.


Clean them and the battery terminals with a wire brush - including the (-) cable at the engine or frame ground.


Clean all contacts with contact/brake cleaner (available at bike shops and auto


parts stores)


Tighten all connectors with a wrench - a screw driver won't get them tight enough.





Next possibilities -


Fuse box connector


Ignition switch connector


Damaged ignition switch|||Check all your connectors, and how did you check fuses? with a continuity tester, if you did it by eye, it could be a fuse, as sometimes they have a small crack in them.





Check battery voltage also your bolts connection on the battery and all earth points.





HTH|||Loose wire on alternator or magneto|||AGM or Gel type battery? Test it. If you don't know how take the battery to a shop. I have seen this type of failure with these batteries before. Doesn't matter what you "think" testing will confirm.|||AARON KILLED A MOTORCYCLE JUST BY LOOKING ATIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMMG

No comments:

Post a Comment