Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I want to ship a 2002 Suzuki Katana 750 motorcycle from Sacramento to Houston. What company is the best/cheap?

My employer will reimburse for shipping cost, so i guess that the price is not much of my concern actually, but how do i have a reliable company crate my bike, then ship it to Houston TX?


What do i need to make sure I have available, etc?|||(former commercial driver-25 years)


Put the thing on a train. It will be absolutely secure, and it will take longer than a truck but miles vs gallons vs weight vs cost, there's no comparison for something that is not considered truck load(over 40,000 lbs) Counting the crate it will weigh less than 1,000. You will have to make the crate: get specifications from RR, call a "intermodal" common carrier (freight quote on transfer at each end will be cheaper)-(that means a truck will have to take it to %26amp; from the train), go to home depot, and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment