Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What Suzuki GSX motorcycle is right for me?

Ever since gas prices when up i've been wanting to get a bike. Now i have the opportunity to do so I was wondering which got get... I know I want a Suzuki GSX I just don't know what size is right for me...








things to take into consideration


~I'm 5'4 and about 120lb


~haven't been riding too long but am practicing








oh and another thing...


do any GSX's come with 2 seats?


|||The GSX-R is pure racing no matter the size. 600,750,1000. The Katana is a little softer side of the GSX-r it comes in a 600 and a 750. You sit a litter lower and more straight up. Both bikes have 2 seart, but the katana seat is just a long one. Get the GSX-R 600. No question, once you get comfortable and used to the bike the Katana would be less than pleasurable.|||go for GSX650F and yes, it do have two seats.|||I might go toward a more mild bike for a first ride, but if you are dead set on a GSXR then I would look for a slightly older GSXR600. My GSXR (2004) has the racing cowel but the top comes right off and a seat goes there. I think all the GSXRs have passenger pegs. I have owned many different bikes, but two of my favorites have been GSX Suzukis. |||I have been riding for 9 months now, and I just blew the headgasket on my first bike. A Suzuki S40 Cruiser. I weigh in at 290 lbs, and the bike couldn't handel my weight on the highway.





I bought a GSX 650F to replace it. Unlike the GSX-R ***Jinnxr's*** This bike is much more comphy. You ride like a sport's tourer, knees bent back like on a supersport, but you sit upright in the seat. I rode for 90 miles straight, no stops, and I had non of the dreaded "Num Butt" I got from the cruisers.





Yes, the GSX 650F has a single molded seat, designed for 2 to ride. The footpegs for the passenger are just above the muffler on the right side and same on left just without the muffler.





Your worried about fuel milage, mine gets over 40 in city driving, and just at 50MPG highway cruising. The bike to me looks like a former generation GSX 1000R.





I've listed a couple magazines online I have read to make my decision down in the know your source.





Problem is, I am 5'11", and the bike fits my long legs perfect. It may be to high up in the saddle sort to speak for you.





A GSX 600R will have a slightley lower seat, but it will still be pretty high up. At your weight, even a 600 R may be a bit to much power to handel safely. The 650F makes 70+ Horsepower compared to the 600R making 101 HP. ***GSX 650F list for $6999.00 for a 08 model, compared to $9399.00 For a 08 600R.***





Good Luck.|||Hehe :) Well if fuel economy is what is making you purchase a motorcycle I'd suggest that you get a 2 cylinder motorcycle with 600-800cc engine, that would give you best economy...





I am not too crazy about the Gixers but since you like them I'd suggest the 750 one - it is a little lighter the 1000 but packs plenty of power :)





At 5'4 you might have little problem with the seat hight so I'd suggest that you go to a dealer and sit on one to see if you feel comfortable :) You can also lower it if is too high...||| If you haven't been riding for long, i would suggest the GS500F as it would be more suited to your height, and has enough power not to get you into trouble, but still cruise the highways at a respectable pace.


Also it carries most of its weight down low, so it is an easy bike to move around the streets on.... cheers Anton in OZ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment