Friday, December 16, 2011

Is a Suzuki GSX650F a good starter motorcycle?

I have been riding on motorcycles as a passenger for a year now and I've ridden a Honda 70 CC and a 125 CC before and I got the hang of them, but sometimes I would mess up on downshifting gears.





I will be a taking a Motorcycle riding course soon and then I want to buy my first Motorcycle. I was thinking a used Suzuki GSX650F. Does this sound okay?|||First off, do not 100% trust any answers you get from the internet - you do not know the experience of the person responding to you.





I agreed with Cheyne because he's right really. Of course you might say (or hope) that you'll be riding with plenty of others or in a fairly well populated area of the world, and that there will likely be someone to pick it up.





I worked in motorcycle training centre for many years, I have also had many a new rider ask me what kind of bike is suitable. I was lucky when I became interested in riding, because no one would sell me a bike that wasn't suitable for me (i.e. too powerful). These days money appears to be more important to everyone than life, therefore if you go into your suzuki dealership and ask the same question to them, they will of course say it's a suitable bike. Of course, if you died on that bike, it's either a good indication that you are very unlucky, or that it wasn't a suitable first motorcycle for you.





The real answer I'm trying to give you, without wasting your time, is TRY SOME BIKES. Please please please, never own a bike that feels like 'IT' is in control and not you. The reason why there should be a gradual transition in style or cc size, is because you become gradually more confident. Of course any dumb human being can take a credit card from their pocket and buy a large motorcycle. But exactly how in control will that person be when riding that bike?





Follow logic, if it scares you TOO MUCH, it's not for you. If you can control your right hand, you have the advantage.





Keep the rubber side down!|||Basically all anyone is ever going to tell you is that a 250CC or less is a good 'starter' bike for at least a few months, if not longer. The main reason behind that isn't speed or anything, but rather the weight of the bike. The road is very different riding compared to driving. Once you've trained your riding skills you'll have little to no chance of dropping a very heavy bike in the middle of the road, even in unfamiliar areas where you might otherwise be distracted.|||I would like to advise you here not to buy the suzuki motocycle because it may occur lt lots of prbolem in future such as no spare parts availibility in market, machenics problem and costly maintenence....


i would rather suggest you to go for some other companies which are known in indian market like herohonda, bajaj ets..|||According to Suzuki, it is an entry bike. Though I would suggest a used bike for your first bike. Find a clean used GS or EX and you won't lose that much money on the resale.





http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment