Saturday, December 10, 2011

Is my Buddy full of Crud? Suzuki Motorcycles.?

I recentley bought a Bran new 2008 Suzuki GSX 650F. It's the replacment for the Katanna. I bought it out the door for $7150.00. Tax tag, everything. The other dealership I went to wanted over $7900 out the door after haggling. I added the 5 year warranty for another $480.00 that did NOT include maintenance.





Now my buddy sez he went to the more expensive dealer for my bike and bought a bran new 2008 Suzuki GSX 600R. He got the bike, 3 year warranty and all maintenance, a new helmet, and a full Suzuki Riding Suit for $9500.00.





Is he full of Crud, because the list price is $9300.00 And if it's true, how the hell did he pull off this deal when I haggled for over 2 hours at BOTH dealerships before I got the price I got?





Thanks.|||9300.00 is MSRP, not what the dealer pays. They leave room to haggle for a better price.|||Your buddy didn't get a better deal.He paid $2200 more for his ride than you did.The maintance on a bike would cost the dealer about $250.00 the helmet and leathers would cost them about $300.00 the three yr wnty is standard on Suzuki mc's.He got a discount of $200 on the bike but paid $1650 more than you did.YOU GOT THE BETTER DEAL!!|||he probably crawled under the salesmans' desk and did a bit of dickering|||You know what they say, the first lier doesn't stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment