Saturday, December 10, 2011

Question on suzuki motorcycles?

are the suzuki sv650sf, sv650sf abs, or gs500 good bikes for a beginner? which one would be better for a 6'1 240 lbs person i dont want a cruiser i wanted a gsxr 600 but everyone tells me that would be to fast for me|||get the new 650 bandit nice bike totally different to old 600|||don't listen to these people...





go get yourself a nice used 600, take a MSF course and go easy with your right hand...





if you drop it a couple times you won't be so upset, once you get some experience, a season or 2, go get whatever bike strikes your fancy..|||I'd have to give thumbs up for the SVs and GS500s as good first bikes. Depending on your natural ability (how are you on a bicycle?) the Gixxer 6 might also be good, although, being about your ht/wt I find them murderously uncomfortable.





I also generally recommend a street enduro (dual purpose) bike as a first bike just 'cause you can practice stuff in the dirt, where things happen slower and falling is less painful, on your body and your wallet.





Practice, learn, have fun, practice more, have more fun, take some more advanced courses, keep having fun :-)|||Well, let me tell you this. I am 5’4” and I bought a 2008 GSXR 750 (my first bike by the way) I bought it about 2 months ago. I was gonna get the gs500 but then I thought it looks funny and plus I wanted a sport bike. But everyone I spoke to said that if I went with that or a 600, I will probably tire of it within a year learning to ride it. So they told me to go with the 750. I’ve been riding for 2 months now and kinda wish I went with the 1000. It’s a lot of fun riding those race bikes but you just gotta be careful. Take the safety course (2 days) for about 180 bucks but well worth it. You will learn a lot from that. So bottom line is, get what you want. Not only is it your money, but you will probably waste more money trading it up later. Good luck!





p.s. – Don’t go cheap with your gears! It’ll save you..


|||SV650 would do you better, since the V-twin engine is nothing but midrange and is plenty peppy for even a big person like you.





And yes, a Gixxer would kill you, as in KILL you. It is not a toy, it is half a Formula 1 race car that you ride on. You do not have the experience necessary to pilot one safely, so a used SV650 would be perfect for you. A shopping note: in 2003, Suzuki put fuel injection into the SV, so all models from that point on are injected, while previous versions were carburated.





NOTE: L70 is a SQUID. Short for Stupid, Quick and Inevitably Dead. I have NEVER seen a 6-month rider "outgrow" even a 600cc bike, and I guarantee all this kid can do is twist a throttle (which takes slightly more skill than walking). Can't corner at all, with chicken strips as wide as my hand, no doubt.





Don't be an L70. Actually learn to RIDE instead of show off on your Butt Jewelry.|||The SV650 would be an excellent choice. The V-Twin offers a very user friendly power band and it is literally a bike you could still ride once you are a more advanced rider. You do not want a 600 in-line 4 cylinder as a beginner, that's just ridiculous advice to give any new rider. The SV650 is such a great bike that many race tracks have created a class just for them because of their immense popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment